Brighton College Dubai will deliver the Brighton College Curriculum, which is based on the National Curriculum of England and Wales, leading to the award of International GCSE and A-level. The school will provide a deep, broad and balanced curriculum that consistently offers rich, varied and highly engaging lessons and extra-curricular opportunities to allow all children to develop their skills and abilities to their full potential.
The school’s leadership and governance will ensure that the curriculum:
- Fulfils all KHDA and accreditation curricular requirements;
- Is broad, deep and balanced;
- Provides an authentic Brighton College education (in line with the local cultural context);
- Prepares pupils fully for the next stage of their education, and ultimately the world’s leading universities;
- Facilitates individualised provision and, where necessary, individualised curriculum pathways;
- Allows all pupils to progress rapidly and therefore achieve the highest possible academic standards;
- Allows all pupils to develop independent learning skills; allows all pupils to be consistently stretched and challenged.
High quality curricular provision will provide seamless continuity and progression throughout the Prep School. By 11 years of age, Year 7 pupils will be well prepared for entry into the Senior School. The curriculum will be creative and child-centred, with a focus on rigour and high levels of pupil achievement, in support of the College’s aims.
From Prep School to Early Years with us (FS1 and FS2), the Prep School curriculum will adapt the UK’s Early Years Foundation Stage, taking the opportunity to make links with local Dubai culture. The curriculum for each year group will follow UK age-specific curriculum descriptors, whilst lessons will be differentiated, using learning objectives, where appropriate, from different year groups.
The curriculum from Years 1 to 6 in the Prep School and throughout Years 7 to 13 in the Senior School will build on the solid foundations established in FS1 and FS2. In Year 9, pupils will begin their IGCSE studies in the majority of subjects. The curriculum within all year groups in the Prep and Senior Schools will be enhanced by a comprehensive Co-curricular Activities programme to enable boys and girls to pursue their interests and explore new ones.