Primary Objective of Role: To support the Admissions Manager in registration and admission of students to Brighton College Dubai and provide administrative support to the academic team when required.
This is a rare opportunity to join a school from day one, helping to form and mould the structure and operation of the School from the very start. It is expected that all colleagues will support one another in what will be an immensely exciting but also at times a challenging project in establishing Brighton College Dubai as a true leader in the city of Dubai.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Bachelors
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar role, ideally in a school or customer driven environment.
Positioning of Role: line managed by Admissions Manager
- Present a professional first impression to parents, guests and customers visiting the school. Being the first point of contact within the school. Assist with all queries knowledgeably, efficiently and courteously.
- Welcome visitors to the school and register them, following student protection procedures
- Operate the school switchboard
- Respond to telephone/email enquiries from parents and public
- Receive parcels and deliveries; ranking outgoing post and arranging special deliveries when necessary.
- Booking assessments, onsite and overseas
- Timely and accurate maintenance of confidential student records, including entering information into the school management information system.
- Use Microsoft packages, particularly Word and Excel, to help support the school’s administrative team
- Assist with all administrative duties such as photocopying, filing, etc.
- Assist in locating students when reported “missing” from class
- Understand data protection and confidentiality
- Create and distribute the school’s daily briefing
- Work to deadlines in a calm and confident manner when under pressure
- Assist with school events such as Parent Open Days and School Performances.
- Carry out any such task as shall be deemed necessary to the smooth running of the school.
- Other Admissions related tasks, as and when required and delegated by the Admissions Manager.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent telephone manner
- Highly organized, well-groomed and courteous.
- Understanding of general reception tasks with excellent customer facing skills.
- Team-player, who is flexible to take on any task assigned
- Ability to deal with callers and visitors in a calm and courteous manner at all times.
- Adept in the use of Microsoft applications and databases.
- Ability to build personal relationships.
- Experience of working in an administrative role, ideally in a school or customer-service driven environment.
- Experience working in Admissions department will be preferred.
- Experience of the Schools Information System (iSAMS), advantageous.
How to apply:
All applications must consist of the following completed documents:
- Letter of application (maximum one and a half sides of Garamond 12) addressed to Mr Marco Longmore, Head Master of Brighton College Dubai. Please state clearly in your letter your experience, together with details of your professional strengths and contributions. This should be attached with your CV.
- CV (maximum 4 sides) naming two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer.
Submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Receptionist
Incomplete applications will not be considered, and that Brighton College Dubai reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the College, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted within 5 days of the closing date for applications.
Closing date for applications will be on 12th July 2019