Teacher of Early Years (FS1 and FS2)
The Pre Prep Class Teacher will be delivering an early education programme which aims at supporting each child’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an international setting. The Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum will be followed and there will be a mixture of child and teacher initiated learning. Enabling classroom environments will be set up which will capture children’s curiosity and give them opportunities to be creative and explore. The key aim will be to ensure that children develop at the pace that is appropriately challenging for them and that the characteristics of effective learning are fostered to prepare the children for their next educational steps.
- Essential qualities will include the ability to work collaboratively and to present to parents, pupils and colleagues a warm, engaging and approachable personality.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Education degree and teaching qualification from a recognised academic institution
- A distinguished record of teaching, flexible and adaptable to the varied demands of working in a premium school, showing the capacity for creativity and innovation across and beyond the curriculum
- A strong record of professional development and able to demonstrate a positive and proactive attitude towards participation in CPD and the College’s appraisal processes
- Able to work successfully under pressure with excellent organisational skills
- A confident and competent user of IT in the classroom and for administrative purposes
- Enthusiastic and passionate about education, with a sound understanding of UK best practice and a working knowledge of Early Years curriculum
- Proactive in all aspects of College life through participation and support
- Able to present a professional image in line with the high expectations of Brighton College
- The successful candidate for this challenging and rewarding position will have at least 4 years’ experience
For more information and the detailed job description, please follow the Apply Now link.
Pre Prep School
The Pre-Prep School at Brighton College Dubai will deliver an innovative and exciting curriculum for pupils. The role of the Pre Prep Class Teacher is central to the education of children in the Pre Prep School. This is a demanding and varied role in which the teacher will need to have a genuine love of working with young children, to share in their wonder and to inspire them to greatness. They will need to be flexible with their schedule and able to manage change at short notice with a calmness under pressure. Above all else they will ensure that in all aspects of their work, the needs of the children are the main consideration.