Class Teacher of Preparatory School
Class Teacher of Prep School (Yrs-1-6)
Brighton College is a dynamic and exciting school looking for enthusiastic and passionate teachers. This is a unique opportunity to join an exceptional and hard-working team with the united goal of ensuring that every child reaches their potential both academically and socially, by pushing boundaries and broadening horizons.
The position of Prep School Class Teacher is central to the education of children in Upper Primary (Key Stage 1 & 2) in the Prep School. This is a demanding and varied role where you need to have a genuine love of working with children and a strong desire and commitment to ignite their curiosity and inspire them to greatness.
- Essential qualities will include the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and to present to parents, pupils and colleagues a warm, engaging and approachable personality, reliable and respectful at all times
- The successful candidate will have a university degree and teaching qualification from a recognised academic institution
- A distinguished record of teaching, flexible and adaptable to the varied demands of working in a premium school, showing the capacity for creativity and innovation across and beyond the curriculum
- A strong record of professional development and able to demonstrate a positive and proactive attitude towards participation in CPD and the College’s appraisal processes
- Able to work successfully under pressure with excellent organisational skills
- A confident and competent user of IT in the classroom and for administrative purposes
- Enthusiastic and passionate about education, with a sound understanding of UK best practice and a working knowledge of Key Stage 1 & 2 curriculum
- Proactive in all aspects of College life through participation and support
- Able to present a professional image in line with the high expectations of Brighton College
- The successful candidate for this challenging and rewarding position will have at least 2 years’ teaching experience
For more information and the detailed job description, please follow the Apply Now link.
The Preparatory School at Brighton College Dubai delivers an innovative and exciting curriculum for pupils in Years 1-6, following an enhanced UK National Curriculum. We aim to give our children a broad, exciting and holistic independent school experience, where there are no ceilings on what they can achieve and expectations in all areas are high. We help our children to find their passions and fulfil their potential, achieving more than they thought possible and taking pride in their achievements. In line with leading UK independent schools, we are committed to providing a safe and caring pastoral environment for the children within a very well developed House System, led by House Masters and Mistresses. Beyond the classroom, Prep School pupils are encouraged to learn new skills and gain a broad range of interests; to give things a try and to learn to take risks. All our teachers offer co-curricular activities and are involved in all aspects of College life, both inside and outside the classroom.
We strive to turn out well-educated, globally aware, tolerant and intellectually curious men and women who are ready to take a full, active and positive role in the life of Dubai, the United Arab Emirates and our world. Central to this vision are our teachers and leaders.