Teaching & Learning Assistant (Early Years/Preparatory School)
Posted Date : 16 October 2018
Primary Objective of Role
To support our class teachers to provide a premium teaching and learning experience for the pupils across the whole school day, working with Early Years pupils in FS1 and 2 classes or Prep School pupil in Years 1-6.
You will be joining the new Brighton College Dubai team in its inaugural year. The College is committed to following the values and standards of Brighton College in the UK as well as the high caliber of education already established in sister schools in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Bangkok. It will be a high performing, co-educational 3-18 school that places great emphasis on co-curricular activities and school life in general, with an aim to promoting confidence and resilience among all pupils. The College’s warm and welcoming community benefits from a winning combination of happy students and staff that leads to success for all.
Positioning of Role: Reports to the Head of Preparatory School or Head of Early Years
Accountability and Responsibilities
- Assist the class teachers with teaching and learning activities and the preparation of supporting resources and materials.
- Actively engage with pupils in a range of settings to develop and support their learning and promote their understanding.
- Work alongside pupils to encourage their curiosity and develop their critical thinking about their experiences.
- Look at ways of promoting pupil independence and fostering a love of learning.
- Support the class teacher to monitor, record and review the pupils’ attainment and progress and then catering for their next developmental steps.
- Assessing pupils’ work and ensuring that the provisions being made remain appropriate to the pupils’ needs.
- Where necessary, attend meetings with parents to support the class teacher in order to promote working partnerships that are effective in promoting pupil development.
- Deliver concentrated support to small groups of students under instruction of the teacher.
- Consistently encourage and model the College values and community spirit.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Genuinely enjoy working with children.
- Be a native English speaker.
- Be able to manage time well and thrive in a busy and fast-paced working environment.
- Show initiative and follow instructions carefully.
- Have a high level of international and inter-cultural understanding.
- Be a good communicator and make positive contributions to a team.
- Be flexible and solution orientated.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must consist of the following completed documents:
- Letter of application (maximum one and a half sides of Garamond 12) addressed to Mr Marco Longmore, Head Master of Brighton College Dubai. Please state clearly in your letter your experience, together with details of your co-curricular strengths and contributions. This should be attached to your electronic application.
- Completed application form.
- CV (maximum 4 sides) naming two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer.
Please submit completed applications through our online application form.
Incomplete applications will not be considered and that Brighton College Dubai reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the College, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within 21 days of the closing date for applications.
Closing date for applications will be on 1st November 2018.